Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Simply a Moment: April

Simply a Moment is monthly invitation to record a moment hosted by Alexa.

Time: 2:35pm
Date: 23.04.2014
Location: Home

I'm in the middle of my post holiday catch up. There's work (of the paid variety) to do, mail, routines, food and washing to sort before the full onslaught of after school activities begins next week. A bit of busyness is worth it though for a complete break away. The girls are at school for two days this week ... they'll be off again on Friday for ANZAC day, but The Boy doesn't go back to school until next week. I have a work deadline next Monday, so The Boy is set up in the kitchen finishing his cookies. Begun yesterday, the dough sat overnight in the fridge for a midday baking, before I called him down to get them iced before afternoon tea.

I run a report and glance over the figures, I was hoping to get through this quickly but as I scan down the columns I notice something out of place. I start back tracking through reports hoping to find the problem quickly. The Boy interrupts, he wants to know what he needs to do next.

"Beat in two tablespoons of cream until thick and fluffy"

Now, where was I? ... run the transaction listing ... why does it need to be ten pages?

The Boy's calls out from the pantry. "Is this thick and fluffy."

"I'm sure it's thick and fluffy by now." I reply.

"Should I add the colouring?"

"Yes"

I search a little longer, run some more reports, but I'm going to have to ring the office. A couple of minutes later, I've handed the problem over to the people responsible to fix. I glance over at The Boy, he has dark green lips. My vision of lovely pastel icing evaporates. They won't win any food styling awards, but these biscuits have occupied The Boy for a few hours and The Little Girl is sure to appreciate biscuits iced in her favourite colour.


Edited to add: The biscuits are yum. Soft Frosted Sugar Biscuits Recipe.

4 Comments:

  1. Becky said...
    Lovely moment captures. Glad they were tasty cookies!
    Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...
    They are certainly very green, but the recipe looks delicious :o)
    Honoré said...
    The Boy outdid himself; those cookies, albeit very green, do look tasty. Glad you could get someone else to fix that report! I am retired but I do so very much appreciate your moment.
    Cheers~
    alexa said...
    Oh my, those are wonderful! Who said icing has to be pastel always? I really enjoyed reading this - you portray so well that sense of urgency and absorption in the task in front of you against the background of keeping domestic and family plates spinning. Thank you so much for contributing and linking up this month - always lovely to visit :).

Post a Comment