Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Month in Numbers: March

Hubby took The Boy to the Centenary of Military Aviation celebration at Pt Cook.



The Little Girl spent 4 days away at school camp. There was a 25m high swing. This was 1 week after she finally got the go ahead to run and jump on the leg she broke six months ago.

IMG_0541


Hubby spent 6 days in China for work.

 I had to give a 45min presentation on my life and faith to my tutorial group. I was quite concerned as the longest I'd had to speak for before was 30min, plus I had to speak about myself. Turns out I had no problem with a lack of material ... I had to cut out some of what I'd planned to say. Clearly I don't have a problem talking about myself. In preparation I pulled out some of my old journals. I had some from when I was in year 11 and 12 and had forgotten most of what I did back then. During my talk I read some passages from my journals and also an old blog post.

The Big Girl came 5th in basketball, missing out on the finals. They beat the 4th team, were on the same number of wins and had a bigger percentage but missed out because the 4th team them had an extra byes giving them two extra points. Not happy.

We celebrated our 17 year anniversary. Hubby arrived home from China in the morning with a bunch of flowers. I have my handbag because I've just come in from early morning swimming. I'm looking forward to the end of daylight saving because that particular day I dropped The Little Girl off at 6:10am, then went back home woke The Boy and was back at 6:55am with him and it was still dark.

IMG_3156

I made four new recipes. Two for a family celebration on our anniversary. Hawaiian BBQ Quesadillas with Pineapple Mango Quacamole and Nutella-filled doughnuts. Both were a hit.


I tried this slow-cooker mongolian beef and it was OK but probably won't cook it again. We also made these choc-chip cookies which were good but not as good as our go to recipe which I just realised I've never posted ... may have to remedy that.

And despite what I promised last month about checking the vege garden we had two monster 4.5kg zucchini.

Month in Numbers is hosted by Julie, you can join in here.

4 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Hi Melissa.

I'm wondering when exactly your daughter told you about the giant swing! Was it *after* she came home? Or did you have to worry about it while she was gone?!

And well done on talking for that amount of time - at least it was on a topic you know very well!

The new recipes sound very adventurous - you seriously put me to shame [I'll try any food ... just can't really get motivated to make anything new though].

I've popped you on the board now Melissa - thanks for keeping me company with your statistics once again:
http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Happy April to you and yours!

Julie :-)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

My girl went on a school trip like that last year too.Although I had signed her permissions for all activities it took me by surprise how HUGE those things actually are! :D

Happy belated anniversary!

Wow! That is some zucchini!

alexa said...

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary :). And it is really six months since that leg break? Golly ... I am glad all was ok this trip. Lovely to read about your doings in more detail :).

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lots of great numbers, but I find myself distracted from what I going to say, by that delicious looking donut!